Basic Gas Turbine Knowledge (BGT)
- Class 1 medical
- NCEA Level 2 or has 3 years work experience or has a minimum score of 6 IELTS or equivalent
- 1 week
All pilots who fly Jet and Turbo Prop aircraft need to pass an exam in basic gas turbine knowledge. This exam credit is required before you can operate a turbine powered (jet or turboprop) aircraft.
The Basic Gas Turbine rating (BGT) requires the following:
- One-week-long theory course
- An external examination
Students who undertake this rating will learn:
- The workings of a Basic Gas Turbine Engine
- The History and development of the Basic Gas Turbine Engine
- The applications in jet and turbo prop aircraft
Upcoming Theory Courses
Our courses use a successful combination of online content with in-class teaching to cater everyone’s needs. Running over 2 weeks per course, each course rotates with the ATPL courses throughout the year to allow you to fit them in around your work or training or choose to do them all together in one block. Call 0800 Ardmore to speak to our Enrolments team.
- Basic Gas Turbine – 5th Aug – 16th Aug
- Basic Gas Turbine – 11th Nov – 22nd Nov